DCS World 2.5 Update
This week we updated the release version of DCS World to include many of the new features and fixes from the past two weeks of Open Betas. As always, the goal of the Open Betas is to introduce and test new features and fixes in order to first make sure they do not result in game crashes. Once we are satisfied with the stability of an Open Beta, and that it adds plenty of new content and fixes, we update the Release version.
Noteworthy changes to the DCS World 2.5.3 Release update this week include:
- Restored Instant Action debriefings
- Adjusted AI attack altitude when using bombs
- Added multiple liveries for several ship classes
- New China Pack liveries
- Added F/A-18C Hornet JHMCS, FPAS page, AGM-65E laser-Maverick, air-to-air radar fixes, updated Hornet User Guide, 13 new interactive training lessons, new instant action missions, corrected night lighting, added “Go to Tanker” radio command, and many more items.
- Many updates to the MiG-29 to include flight model, animation, flight control system, and other improvements.
- Huge update to the Persian Gulf map to include many new airfields and landmarks. More additions are still coming!
- Numerous improvements to the RAZBAM M-2000C and AV-B NA and Heatblur AJS-37 Viggen.
You can find the complete change log here.
For the 2.5.4 Open Beta update next week, we plan to add F/A-18C Hornet laser-guided bombs, Bullseye and BRA information, further improvements to the AGM-65F infrared-guided Maverick to include better axis slew control, and more great stuff that you can read about here.
Next week will also see the release of the updated P-51D-25-NA and P-51D-30-NA Mustang, the C-101EB with AFM and C-101CC, and new cockpits for the Bf-109 K-4 and Fw 190 D-9. Exciting times!
DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Cockpit Update
Coming next week will be a fantastic update to the Bf 109 K-4 cockpit. This update will take advantage of new DCS World 2.5 features like deferred shading and Physical Based Rendering (PBR). We think you’ll agree that the results are quite stunning!
As mentioned above, this will be one element of cockpit updates that also include the P-51D and Fw 190 D-9.