Sunday Flight Jan 7th – Tonapah Attack (AAR)

Home Forums General Chat Sunday Flight Jan 7th – Tonapah Attack (AAR)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MoldyTowel 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Graywo1f

Hey guys! Good flight today! Thought I’d put up an After Action Report post. Here is the replay from my view as the only CAP https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216405458

I will reply with a tacview link from the server soon

Lets talk shit about this mission, what went well, what didnt go well. Recomendations, howd comms go?

For next week we will be getting Simple Radio working on the server.

• This topic was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  Graywo1f.
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Washout.

FixieRider
    Participant

Colt 1-2 here, really dig bomb trucking in the F-5. Comms were real good, even with all packages in one channel, but having SRS available will be super dope. Also, gotta remember to have the AWACS on UHF and VHF when we’ve got the older jets in the missions.

Really great time tonight, gents, looking forward to next time!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  FixieRider.

Graywo1f

Here is the Tacview for the flight thanks to Thump. Install the latest tacview in order to view it…. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aexy9dcl9ic34y4/Tacview-20180107-135742-DCS-%3DDFA%3DTonapah%20Attack.zip.acmi?dl=0

just from viewing it, we did a pretty good jorb at staggering the attacks and dealilng with the threats, there were a few close calls from ground fire that I think will be enlightening. Fletcher had a suuuuuper close call and overflew the airfield before we had cleared the Strela.

Overall everyone orbiting south of the airfield is what kept everyone safe…. I was personally surprised that the convoy made it to the other airfield, was less distance to cover than I thought I guess.

MoldyTowel
    Participant

Hawg 1-3, first organized DCS event ever in a VFS for me. Had an amazing time. Not much to say until I get some more organized sessions under my belt. Looking forward to more!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.