March 4, 2018 at 05:36 #631Graywo1fModerator
SUNDAY FLIGHT MARCH 4th 19:00 Zulu (1pm Central US)
Join us in the discord to become part of the action!!
Part Two of Separatists Aggressions
Mission by Graywo1f
Welcome back Gentleman! To day 2 of our campaign invading Abkhazia. Yesterday you helped provide air cover to our forces attacking across the Inguri River from Georgia into Abkhazia, as well as completed a variety of secondary tasks. Georgian and NATO forces have set up a foothold and today will be continuing the invasion. They have not had much time since yesterday to re-mobilize a sizable force that we know of. Still they could have some tricks up their sleeve. Many of their forces remain fragmented after yesterday, lots have pulled back, so it could be interesting to see if any of them get a counter attack going. Your task is to provide air cover to the advancing invasion force, as well as complete any secondary tasks assigned to you.
FOR ALL UTC COORDINATES, use grid 37T if necessary
1. Provide air cover to the invading ground force. JTAC help is available. Scan roads near towns and villages for defenders, on roads, near roads or what you might think is a good defensive spot. The invading force will need as much help as possible. Help them! Or the mission CAN FAIL.
2. Receive tasks from command for secondary missions, be careful when operating over enemy airspace. The F-15’s will cover you if any air threats come up, but they can’t do anything if a SAM gets fired at you. You’ll be operating over enemy airspace all day, keep that in mind.
3. WATCH OUT for friendly fire! Georgians are using Russian technology! Keep in mind the mission briefing pictures and the call-signs of groups.
4. You will be able to request additional SEAD flights or even request some CAS help from the Georgians. Use them wisely. (Radio F10, or chat if SL mod)
5. If you have to leave the AO, Make sure you let the artillery know to resume fire missions (Radio F10, or chat if SL mod), so the invaders have some support while your gone! Or even request a CAS flight a few mins before you have to bug out.
6. If the Predator JTAC is not being very helpful…. You can call in an A10c FAC in radio F10 other, or chat commands if SL mod is running
7. Work with Ka-50’s on the front if anyone is flying them. Try to help them out by using your smoke rockets.
- This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Graywo1f.
March 5, 2018 at 14:16 #633FixieRiderParticipant
GHOST here, AIC for the op.
Overall, this was a really good op. Everyone was on the ball from what I could tell, and listening real well to the AFAC. I was real rusty/cobwebbed when that first fighter scramble happend, apologies ENFIELD, but glad we got that all cleared out quick and got down to business. Well done guys.
The things I noticed that I think we could work on that stood out to me are radio use related:
1) Remembering that the SRS radios are not full-duplex, only half-duplex, which means you can’t interrupt someone who’s talking on the radio — all it will do is garble the tx for everyone else, and the original speaker will have no clue that they’re being talked over. It didn’t happen very often, but did happen a couple times when the AFAC was giving instruction or talk-on to targets — that’s bad news time.
2) Brevity is important, mostly because it lets you be faster on your tx so the above doesn’t happen as often. I’m not saying everyone needs to memorize all the brevity lingo, but less exposition will help everyone.
3) This one might sound harsh, but I don’t know how to be more gentle: Tactical Common is not the place for banter. It *IS* the place for weapons release calls — especially RIFLE, MAGNUM, FOX — so many flares released when they weren’t needed. Call your missile shots *before* you launch, not after (it’s already too late if it’s called out after).
These issues were not ubiquitous yesterday, but they were there, and at inopportune times, so I felt they really needed to be enumerated.
All-in-all, fantastic jobs, everyone!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.