Reply To: Sunday Flight Jan 21st – Groom Lake Defense (AAR)

Home Forums General Chat Sunday Flight Jan 21st – Groom Lake Defense (AAR) Reply To: Sunday Flight Jan 21st – Groom Lake Defense (AAR)

FixieRider
Participant

Uzi 1-4 here, it definitely wasn’t Einstein’s fault I went blind in transit to the AO. I was *way* heavier than the rest of Uzi because I was designated as the QRF for runway attack if the Viggens failed. I had visual on all of you until you dove in to prosecute targets.

Even though we were all spread out across that AO we seemed to be pretty good at our SA – I heard a lot of SAM calls, so that was real good. I know we lost a couple of us throughout the op, but overall I felt real productive.

That harrier is a bear to handle when it’s so heavy and asymmetric, I fired a mav at a target and my pull out was too much with my right wing being so heavy. My low altitude combined with the loading and subsequent “spin” meant I got to feel up a mountain. Pretty hot, let me tell you.

Can’t wait for the harrier to get some of its other systems implemented (AP and rpl bombs please).

Thanks everyone, seemed to be a real clean op.