Reply To: Sunday Flight Jan 14th – Caliente Counter Attack (AAR)

Home Forums General Chat Sunday Flight Jan 14th – Caliente Counter Attack (AAR) Reply To: Sunday Flight Jan 14th – Caliente Counter Attack (AAR)

Washout
Keymaster

I was Hawg 1-1 A-10c Lead. Was a fun and challenging mission for me especially being rusty in the airframe plus using srs for comms.

After arriving on station we had a bit of an SA problem due to low altitude and being painted by sa-8/sa-3 radars, thick smoke in the AO plus terrain masked what was supposed to be our initial target, the artillery platoon at the south smoke plume.

We did several orbits to give SEAD time to do there thing and tried to get position to recce the target area, this got disrupted by Moldy and I getting mysteriously hard locked by Mig 23’s even though Gray called they were about 80 clicks away.

By this point SEAD(Uzi 1) had lost 3 aircraft to a pop up sa-8 although the remaining Harrier managed to clear the Osa allowing us to proceed.

My no.2 Moldy got eyes on the SA-3 radar and i cleared him in hot not realising we had AAA/DogEar within 4 miles directly north behind the southern smoke and he overflew enemy AAA and took damage, he swung SW and and tried to run in again but lost his engines and had to ditch.

I finally had eyes on the south artillery group where the AAA was and destroyed the DogEar plus 3-4 artillery pieces/truck with guns. Friendly ground forces were advancing and killed the rest of the group.

My no.3 Franky Made 2 passes also but had to go defensive. I engaged the remnants of the osa column advancing south with guns and destroyed 4 out of 5 with a guns then extended south.

At this point i had a power outage and got DC’d for about 5 mins, i rejoined spooled and headed back to WP3 at best speed to assist Moldy with mop up as most of the overall package were RTB at that time.

Moldy,Myself and evilnate from Uzi flight cleared the remaining enemy vehicles out for mission complete.

Looking forward to the next one!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Washout.