DCS World 2.5 “Release” Version Available Now
The “Release” version of DCS World 2.5 is now available and can be downloaded from DCS site
About DCS World 2.5
Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) 2.5 is a free-to-play digital battlefield game. Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks and ships possible. This free download includes a vast mission area of the Caucasus region and Black Sea that encompasses much of Georgia. It also includes a flyable Russian Sukhoi Su-25T ground attack aircraft and the famous WWII North American TF-51D Mustang. An additional 25 aircraft are available for purchase from our e-Shop and Steam.
Key features of DCS World 2.5:
- The most realistic Free-to-Play digital battlefield ever.
- One-of-a-kind, internally developed graphics engine that looks amazing from 0 to 80,000 feet.
- Includes a beautiful, free, and highly detailed map of the Caucasus region that includes south western Russia and Georgia.
- Includes 20 fully-equipped operational airbases, millions of buildings and trees, and thousands of kilometers of usable roads and railway.
- Includes 156 free and fully operational weapons systems, 105 ground vehicles, 19 ships and 84 AI-controlled aircraft.
- Fly the TF-51 Mustang and Su-25T attack jet for free!
- Play all DCS World modules from one DCS World version.
- State-of-the-art graphics with amazing lighting, shadows, and performance.
- New breathtaking effects for explosions, clouds, fog, fire, and smoke.
- Hundreds of land, air and seaborne AI vehicles. The world is your sandbox.
- Create your own missions and campaigns for unlimited gameplay!
- Mission generator included allowing rapid mission creation.
- Enjoy multiplayer with friends, and even fly together in the same aircraft for multi-crew missions!
- Purchase and fly the most iconic airplanes and helicopters from WWII up to the modern day.
- Mouse interactive 6 degrees of freedom cockpits for most aircraft and the most accurate flight models, cockpit systems, sensors, targeting systems and sounds available.
- Purchase and fly the most authentic simulations of the A-10C Warthog, UH-1H Huey, F-86F Sabre, Spitfire, and many others now.
- Exciting new aircraft coming to DCS World like the F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18C Hornet, F-4E Phantom II, Mi-24P Hind, P-47D Thunderbolt, and many more!
- Purchase additional high-quality maps such as Normandy 1944 and the Nevada Test and Training Range.
- Play hundreds of missions and campaigns with new campaigns continually created.
- Both hardcore realistic and casual gameplay modes and options available.
- Virtual reality support.
DCS World 2.5 Steam Launch Sale!
To commemorate the launch of DCS World 2.5 to Steam, we are also running a 50% off sale on almost all DCS World modules! This will start today and last until 13 April. There are several DLCs that will be on sale for the first time.
DCS World Steam Store
Please note that all released modules on the DCS World e-Shop are also now available on our Steam store.
DCS World Price Changes and end of 70% Off Bonus
As mentioned in an earlier newsletter, prices of several DCS World modules will return to their launch prices with the release of DCS World 2.5. These price changes will also be made on Steam.
- DCS: A-10C Warthog: $59.99
- DCS: Black Shark 2: $49.99
- DCS: P-51D Mustang: $39.99
- DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3: $49.99
- DCS: Combined Arms: $39.99
- F-15C for DCS World: $14.99
- A-10A for DCS World: $14.99
- Su-27 for DCS World: $14.99
- Su-25 for DCS World: $14.99
Also marking exit of DCS World 2.5 from Open Beta, the 70% Off Bonus deal is now concluded.
DCS: Persian Gulf Map Live Stream
On April 8th at 1600 GMT we will have a second Youtube live stream of the Persian Gulf Map. For this live stream we will have a guided tour of the northern, Iranian side of the map. We will be in the Hornet again and will take questions during the stream.
We hope to see you there!
The Eagle Dynamics Team