DCS Summer Sale 2019 is Ongoing!
Lasting until July 14th, enjoy 50% on most DCS World products. This includes most of the aircraft, maps, and campaigns available on the DCS e-Shop
Note that this is the first time that the DCS: Persian Gulf Map has been discounted to 50%. If you have been holding out on this map, now is the time to add it to your collection!
The Steam Summer sale is also now available, and all discounts available on our e-Shop are also available on Steam
Exceptions to 50% off include the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, DCS: Christen Eagle II, and DCS: I-16 at 25% off, and DCS: F-16C Viper, DCS: F-14 Tomcat, DCS: Fw 190 A-8, and DCS: MiG-19F Farmer are not participating in this sale due to being in pre-order or recently released.
DCS: Fw 190 A-8 Now on Steam
Fly the Anton now on Steam
Designed for the German Luftwaffe by famed aircraft designer Kurt Tank in the late-1930s, the Fw -190 was the backbone of the Luftwaffe in both fighter and attack bomber roles. Powered by a large radial engine, the A version of the Focke-Wulf 190 was superior in many ways to the Bf 109s and Spitfires at the time of its introduction. In fact, this led to the development of the Mk.IX version of the Spitfire. The Spitfire LF Mk.IX and the Fw 190 A-8 make excellent counterparts for DCS World. The Fw 190 later evolved into the Fw 190 D-9, also available on DCS World.
Many of the Luftwaffe’s aces racked up their impressive kill counts in the Fw 190 A due to its impressive fire power, excellent low to medium altitude performance, durability, and ease of flying. It saw action on both the eastern and western fronts where it was both respected and feared by allied pilots. Armament included two synchronized fuselage-mounted 13 mm MG131 machine guns and four wing mounted 20mm Mauser MG151/20E canons, two of which – synchronized. The Anton could also be loaded with unguided rockets and bombs.
The A-8 version of the Fw 190 entered production in February 1944, and it was powered by a BMW 801 D-2 radial engine. In addition to excellent low- and medium-altitude performance, the engine was also very rugged. Along with the F-8 version, it also had thicker armor around the engine. The engine also received the C3 injection system that provided an emergency boost of 1,980 PS in short durations.
- Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it’s like to fly this legend.
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit.
- Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
- Accurate Fw 190 A-8 model, squadron markings, and weapons.
- Detailed modelling the Fw 190 A-8 instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems.
- Battle the Spitfire LF Mk.IX and P-51D Mustang in single and multiplayer games.
Updates of Airdrome Equipment
We continue to update the old models of airfield equipment. In the screenshots, you can see the new model of the Russian fire truck on the URAL truck base and the new model of the standard APA electrical airfield unit which will soon appear in the game.
DCS World Open Beta Update
This week we released Open Beta 220.127.116.11057. Highlights of this Open Beta include:
- Mouse movement is no longer required for map coordinate to update after format change.
- Improved sound engine to handle more close sound sources.
- Improved bow wake for ships at high speed.
- Added server option for wake turbulence.
- Added Mach to Aircraft panel in the Mission Editor.
- Added tire damage for AI aircraft.
- Corrected fuze settings for the AGM-154C.
- Further engine sound improvements.
- New missions.
- Collision model corrections.
- Removed 3xGBU16 payload option as not realistic.
- Improved steerpoint navigation, mark points and target points to be more realistic.
- Corrected TACAN and TACAN OFFSET errors.
- EHSD improvements.
- Fixed potential crash related to TCS.
- Numerous flight and systems improvements and bugs fixes.
On top of that update, we have also prepared a Hotfix for today. Some highlights from it are:
- Fw 190A-8 Introduced to Steam
- Sound to country restored
- Fixed Gun-Sight and HUD filters interaction with glass
- Ground & Sea units will not show up on the SA page anymore
- Restored working of the switch route points or airfields LCtrl+~ combo
You can also find this changelog here.