DCS: Yak-52 Now Available!
DCS: Yak-52 early access will initially be available as part of the DCS World 2.5 Open Beta.
The Yakovlev Yak-52 is a tandem seat, radial engine, trainer aircraft that served as the primary aircraft trainer for the Soviet Union and many other nations. Introduced in 1979, the Yak-52 has been a popular choice among air forces given its rugged construction, ease of handling, tricycle landing gear, and simple maintenance. These same characteristic have made it a popular civilian aerobatics aircraft in its later years.
The Yak-52 is powered by a single Vedeneyev M-14P, nine-cylinder radial piston engine with 360 horsepower. We have created a new radial piston engine simulation from the ground up with a highly-realistic engine cooling model. The aircraft is very response given an empty weight of just one ton and large controls surfaces. Capable of pulling over 7 G and pushing up to negative 5 G, it’s no wonder the Yak-52 has been popular with aerobatic teams around the world.
The DCS: Yak-52 provides a realistic pilot training progression from the Yak-52, to the L-39C jet trainer, to modern fighters like the MiG-29 and Su-27.
Purchase in DCS e-shop
- Professional Flight Model that duplicates the flight characteristics of the Yak-52.
- Detailed and realistic simulation of post-stall behavior that allows edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers.
- Complete systems modeling of the Yak-52 that includes the engine, fuel, electrical and pneumatic systems.
- Realistic, mouse-interactive cockpit in which almost all controls can be interacted with.
- Accurate external and cockpit sounds that were recorded from a Yak-52.
- Interactive training missions included. Learn to start up, taxi, takeoff, and land the Yak-52 like a real pilot.
- Multiple liveries as both a military trainer and civilian aerobatic aircraft.
- Cooperative multiplayer. Fly with a friend in the same aircraft.
- Full virtual reality support for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Microsoft Mixed Reality, and others.
DCS World 2.5.2 Open Beta Update 8
In addition to providing support for the DCS: Yak-52, update 8 for the DCS World Open Beta bring several other improvements.
DCS 188.8.131.5236 changelog