Thanksgiving Sale 2019 Continues!
Great savings continue on the DCS World E-shop, and now you can find most of the same deals on Steam as well. Get them while there are here, savings of up to 50% on most of the DCS World library with the following exceptions:
- DCS: F/A-18 Hornet by ED – 25% off
- Persian Gulf Map by ED – 25% off
- DCS: F/A-18 Hornet + Persian Gulf Map bundle – 35% off E-shop only
- DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off
- DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – not on sale at this time
- DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time
- DCS: UH-1H Huey – WORLDS APART Spring 2025 – 50% off E-shop Only
- DCS: F/A-18C: Aggressors BFM Campaign – 50% off E-shop Only
|Click this bar to view the full image.|
Note: the sale only applies to released, non-pre-order products.
DCS: UH-1H Huey – WORLDS APART Spring 2025 on Steam!
This is a story-driven campaign that places you in the role of a German Bell UH-1H Helicopter Pilot serving in the “WOLF PACK” squadron, a unit of the German Light Aircraft Group (Heeresflieger).
You are part of a four-person crew that consists of your Commanding Officer Peter Berger, two Gunners Hans and Tom, and you, Frank, as the right seat co-pilot. Fly missions with your squadron leader, WOLF ONE, and other helicopter and fixed-wing units. Missions include other air, ground, and naval forces from different countries. You will conduct day and night unarmed transport, armed patrol in various weather conditions.
- 12 challenging missions
- More than 1400 voice-overs
- Voice actors with an American, German, and Russian accents
- And more than 170 pages detailed documentation
- Mission-specific information that is integrated into the kneeboard pages
Open Beta Update
With this week’s Open Beta update, we saw some big changes to the Viper, you can see some of these change highlights in videos by Matt ‘Wags’ Wagner here:
- DCS: F-16C Viper – Track While Scan (TWS) Radar Mode
- DCS: F-16C Viper – Data Link Introduction
- DCS: F-16C Viper – Multi-Target Engagement with AIM-120 AMRAAM
- DCS: F-16C Viper Update – 27 November 2019
Another big addition was the initial implementation of integrated voice chat for DCS World. For this first release, it includes very basic functionality: 3 fixed rooms (COMMON, BLUE, RED), Microphone control (Use always, Mute, Push to talk) and sound device assignment. BLUE and RED rooms created when any user occupied a slot. We want to check VC server mass loading and to collect your responses and wishes for this stage. You can report your issues and wishes here.
Other highlights include:
- Over G damage added to both the Viper & Hornet
- Aft Antenna for AWW-13 data link pod (shown here)
Development Report #7
DCS Voice Chat Roadmap –
- Q4 2019
- Bug fixing of the initial release
- Illumination of the PTT button while transmitting
- Iteration 1 – Q1 2020
- User-created rooms
- Auto-created rooms for multi-crew
- Auto-created rooms for key frequencies set in the Mission Editor
- Iteration 2
- Show the name of the user who is talking at the moment
- Possibility to tune volume of own mic
- Possibility to put on/off the voice of any user
- Possibility to tune the volume of any user
- Mic self-test
- Software boost of the audio signal
- Iteration 3
- Frequency-based coms
- Encrypted radio
- Possibility to work with few radios simultaneously
- Iteration 4
- Radio effects on voice transmission
- Real radio visibility depending on the power of actual radio units and terrain
- Iteration 5
- Comm jamming effect with additional zones for EW
Thank you all for your passion and support.