Persian Gulf Map for DCS World, Now Available!
We are excited to announce that the Persian Gulf Map for DCS World is now available for download. This is our first modern-day combat theater outside of the Caucasus map, and it will provide many interesting and engaging historical and hypothetic scenarios. To purchase this new map for DCS World, please visit DCS e-shop
Please note that the Persian Gulf Map early access release is only for DCS World 2.5 Open Beta. Once the map becomes final, it will be available in the DCS World 2.5 Release version.
The Persian Gulf Map for DCS World focuses on the Strait of Hormuz, which is the strategic choke point between the oil-rich Persian Gulf and the rest of the world. Flanked by Iran to the North and western-supported UAE and Oman to the south, this has been one of the world’s most dangerous flash points for decades. It was the location of Operation Praying Mantis in 1988 in which the US Navy sank several Iranian naval vessels.
The region also includes the vast Arabian Sea that is well-suited for combat aircraft carrier operations, and it will be an amazing area of operations for the upcoming Hornet and Tomcat. Be it from land bases in Iran, UAE and Oman, or from the deck of an aircraft carrier, the Persian Gulf Map offers a wide array of combat mission scenarios to prove your mettle.
- 201,000 sq km highly detailed map area that centers on the Strait of Hormuz.
- As part of DCS World 2.5, this map include highly detailed terrain, textures, seas, and buildings.
- 17 accurately created airbases in Iran, the UAE and Oman. Airbases include a variety of landing aids that can include TACAN, VASI lights, realistic approach lights, and VOR.
- Detailed cities such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Bandar Abbas with unique buildings.
- “Strong Hold” islands such as Abu Musa, Siri, and the Tunb islands.
- Iran, the UAE and Oman will be added to the list of DCS World nations.
- Unique trees, bushes, grass and other vegetation using speedtree technology.
- Varied terrain from towering mountains and valleys to desert plains.
- New map objects like super tankers, cargo ships, pleasure craft, and dhows.
- New Iranian liveries for ground and air units.
- Map expansion coming soon with Kerman and Shiraz airbases in Iran.
DCS World Gift System
A common request we’ve had from you, our customers, is a gift system to purchase DCS World products for others. It’s here! The gift system allows you to purchase any product on the DCS World e-Shop and send them as gifts to other users registered on WWW.DCS-WORLD.COM.
When in the “My Shopping Cart” store page, you now have a “Buy as a gift” button. Upon selection, you can then enter a DCS World username or their e-mail address to gift them the purchase; you can also leave them a comment.
Your gift orders will also be listed in your DCS World Store page.
Note that when purchasing a DCS World product as a gift, no bonus points are earned, but you can use bonus points to purchase a gift.
DCS World and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Nothing is changing about your current settings or how your information is processed. Rather, we’ve improved the way we describe our practices in gathering statistics data.
If you do not wish to receive any DCS World updates, please, unsubscribe from our Newsletter.
You can manage the content and information you share when you use DCS World and our website through Personal Section of digitalcombatsimulator.com.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account at any time. When you delete your account, we delete everything related to that account such as your personal information and purchase history.