Thanksgiving Sale 2019 Starts today!
Get great savings on that module you have been waiting for! The Thanksgiving sale starts today, November 22nd, and runs until December 8th. Save up to 50% on most DCS World products, the only exceptions being:
- F/A-18 Hornet by ED – 25% off
- Persian Gulf Map by ED – 25% off
- F/A-18 Hornet + Persian Gulf Map bundle -35% off
- DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off
- DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – not on sale at this time
- DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time
|Click this bar to view the full image.|
Note: the sale only applies to released, non-pre-order products.
Open Beta Delay
We planned and announced the release of our next Open Beta on the 20th of November 2019. However, due to substantial technical issues faced in the development of certain F-16C Viper features we were compelled to move the Open Beta release to the 27th of November 2019. As a small bonus for your patience we have prepared a Thanksgiving gift – our new VoIP in-game feature:
DCS Voice Chat gives our players the possibility to talk within DCS multiplayer sessions without the need to use other applications. It’s based on WebRTC technology and brings high-quality audio communication to the game right out of the box.
For the initial release, DCS Voice Chat contains one common room and separate rooms for each coalition with free movement between common and chosen coalition rooms. Soon after the initial release, we’ll add support of user-created rooms with the possibility to create a personal audio chat for you and your friends. Also, you can choose to use an open mic or Push-to-talk function.
We have huge plans for further development of the feature including automatically created rooms for multi-crew, radio support with real radio visibility depending on the power of actual radio units and terrain, frequency-based coms etc.
|This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1282×612.|
F/A-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign Released to Steam
The F/A-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign is now available from Steam
The FA-18C Aggressors BFM campaign puts you in the cockpit of an FA-18C Hornet as a new Aggressor pilot with the VFC-12 the “Fighting Omars” on loan to the 65th Aggressor Squadron at Nellis Air Force Base. Based on real-world procedures, you will fly as Red Air against Blue Air forces. Upon arrival you will fly a familiarization flight around the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) and then face a series of challenging Basic Fighter Maneuver (BFM) missions against similar and dissimilar aircraft.
- Your opponents include the F-4E, F-5E, F-14A, F-15C, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, MiG-29G, CF-188, MiG-21 and Su-27.
- 12 single player practice missions with in-air starts to help you perfect your BFM tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Over 1000 voice-overs and over 45 pages of briefing material that includes RED FLAG Spins, Red Forces In Flight Guide, Maps, Diagrams, Custom Knee-boards, and Mission Data cards.
DCS World Tutorial & Training Range
DCS World can be a bit daunting to new players, so this week we introduced a new forum section for those just getting started in DCS World, those still learning, and those that enjoy helping others. You can find it here:
If you are a new user, this section is for you! We will be building a repository of the best DCS World tutorials and guides. You can also meet players that want to help you and squadrons looking for new members that want you to have fun and learn.
If you are a video tutorial or guide creator for DCS World, this section is also for you. Here you can share all your great content and get feedback from your audience.
Do you enjoy helping new DCS World pilots? A rewarding aspect of this hobby is working together to spread knowledge and give a helping hand to new pilots.
The goal of this new section is to help flatten the DCS World learning curve, and we look forward to your participation and feedback on how we can further improve it.
Development Report #6
- Working with our partners at Deka Ironwork, we plan to release the DCS: JF-17 Thunder on December 4th, 2019. It will be available from both the DCS World e-Shop and Steam. Stay tuned for more details!
- The team has been cranking away on the F-16C Viper, but we needed a few more days to complete the announced features for the next Open Beta. Eagerly awaited features of the next F-16C update will be the Track While Scan (TWS) radar mode, initial data link, external lights, centerline fuel tank, and more. Following this Open Beta, our modern-day fixed-wing jet dev team will focus on the Hornet’s targeting pod, TWS and other radar modes, updates to weapons like the JDAM and JSOW, and more.
- Supercarrier work continues to revolve around the deck crew animations, improved lighting and visual effects as well as the LSO station. We are on track to release the Early Access of this module in the very near future.
- Both the A-10C and Ka-50 new cockpits are progressing well with a lot of work invested into realistic textures and effects. We will use these products to take cockpit night lighting to the next level.
- The Mi-24 cockpits are progressing well and we should be able to show you the first renders in the very near future.
- The P-47 is looking beautiful inside and out and our flight model engineers have been very busy tuning the flight dynamics to match the real aircraft based on excellent references and first-hand pilot experience.
- The visual effects of the new WWII damage model are now getting most of the focus because the internal damage effects and the physics are nearly complete. It’s just as important for the damage to look correct as the impact on systems and aircraft performance.
- The basics of the dynamic campaign simulation engine are working in the map view and we’ve been using this to test the RTS element of the system. To support this, we’ve been adding new icons to the map for items like factories, warehouses, logistic units, and more. Work is also underway on providing visual indications of ground force movements and emplacements in the map view.
Thank you all for your passion and support.