Winter Sale Begins!
Get great savings on that module you have been waiting for! The Winter sale started December 19th and runs until January 5th. Save up to 50% on most DCS World products, the only exceptions being:
- DCS F/A-18 Hornet by ED – 25% off
- DCS Persian Gulf Map by ED – 25% off
- DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off
- DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – 20% off
- DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time
- DCS: JF-17 Thunder by Deka Ironwork Simulations – not on sale at this time
- F-86F Hunters over the Yalu Campaign by Reflected Simulations – not on sale at this time
Note that this is the first time the DCS: F-14 Tomcat will be on sale! Climb in Maverick.
We will also be taking part in the Steam Winter Sale.
|Click this bar to view the full image.|
Christmas Open Beta Update
This week saw the release of one of our biggest updates of the year. Many fixes and some very sought after features were introduced. Some of the highlights include:
- New Cockpit for the A-10C
- Updates to the Normandy Map
- A number of fixes to the JF-17
- Track While Scan (TWS) radar mode for the Hornet
- And much more
See the full changelog for this patch, and the hotfixes released this week here.
Thrustmaster, partnered with Eagle Dynamics SA, has created a competition for some of our favourite content creators. The challenge is for each creator to provide a video showing their coolest maneuver using the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet and the Thrustmaster Hornet Stick.
You can see all the videos here:
Between December 20th and the 22nd, vote for your favourite video.
Follow Thrustmaster on social media for instructions on how to vote, and have a chance to win some prizes!
Thrustmaster Twitter – Thrustmaster Facebook – Eagle Dynamics Facebook
F-86F Hunters over the Yalu Campaign Released
The new F-86F Campaign by Reflected Simulations is available in the E-Shop now!
It’s early 1953, and after completing several tours during WWII, you’re once again putting your neck on the line by flying dangerous combat missions over North Korea. Command the 67th Fighter Bomber Squadron and attack enemy bridges, factories; strafe supply columns; and support US troops as they fight their fierce battles. Survive heavy flak and fighter attacks, and then transfer to the legendary 39th Fighter Interceptor Squadron to carry out large fighter sweeps over MiG Alley and fight massive battles in the stratosphere. Watch out for the honchos, they say Casey Jones is back in business!
- 12 realistic missions to be flown as the squadron leader of the 67th FBS and the 39th FIS
- Sequel of the “Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney” campaign, although not mandatory
- A detailed background story, mission contexts, and checklists
- Detailed briefings and briefing images that include separate PDF mission descriptions
- Unique kneeboard graphics for each mission
- Over 300 custom recorded voice-over messages and radio broadcasts
- Historically accurate custom skins
- A wide array of missions including CAS, Bombing, Fighter Sweep, Escort and Scramble
Development Update #9
Normandy Map Update – Our friends at Ugra Media have also provided a free update to their Normandy map for DCS World! This is a great home for the DCS warbirds. The update adds many new airfields and famous landmarks, a new tree and forest system, and more detail around existing airfields and urban areas.
We will be working closely with Ugra Media to make additional improvements to this work-in-progress.
- Textures massive update for fields, cities and towns, villages, airfields
- Added four new regions in France that includes:
- Cana district
- Quarantine estuary
- Coasts north of the Utah landing zone
- The Mont Saint-Michel area
- Included seven new airfields (The total number of airfields has been increased to 38):
- Argentan is a single-lane track
- Barville is a two-lane dirt track
- Essay is a single-lane grass track
- Goulet is a single-lane grass track
- Hauterive is a single-lane grass track
- Vrigny is a single-lane grass track
- Conches is a single-lane concrete track
- Airfields have a significant increase in detail with many more objects.
- Trees and forests have been updated to use SpeedTree, with 20 unique types of trees.
- More detailed Atlantic Wall:
- Added costal anti-tank hedgehogs, barbed wire, etc.
- 8 zones were added that includes artillery batteries.
- New, detailed scenery has been added that includes:
- Le Mont-Saint-Michel
- Jumièges Abbey
- Cathedral of Notre-Dame de Rouen
- Rouen-Rive-Droite Station
- More detail was also added objects in the original map
- The vector data was significantly improved over 20,000 sq kms.
- Additional bug fixes and performance optimizations.
A-10C Warthog Cockpit – In 2011 we released our A-10C for DCS World and it has been one of our most successful and loved modules to date. Over the years, technology and tools have improved, and we are pleased to provide you with a free update to its cockpit. This includes an entirely new 3D mesh, new high-resolution textures, improved lighting, and improved VR.
This is an early work-in-progress, and we will further enhance the weathering, textures, and lighting over the coming weeks.
DCS: Ka-50 Black Shark Update – In 2020 we will also give you a free update to the Ka-50 Black Shark. Like the free A-10C cockpit, it has been re-built from scratch with a much higher level of detail and accuracy. We hope you enjoy it.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, and we thank you for your support and passion,
The Eagle Dynamics Team