DCS: Yak-52 Update
Although the Hornet and DCS World 2.5 have been in the spotlight lately, the Yak-52 is making great progress and will introduce some great new technologies that will benefit the future of DCS World.
- We are creating a new radial piston simulation engine from the ground up with a highly-realistic engine cooling model. This will have great benefits for future DCS aircraft like the P-47D Thunderbolt.
- One of our staff members is also Yak-52 aerobatic pilot! We’ve had our flight engineers in the back seat to get the flight model and quirks of the aircraft just right.
- A very important aspect of the Yak-52 are the flight dynamics and post-stall behavior. Our team has been making substantial progress to making our Yak-52 fly just like the real one, including edge-of and out-of-envelope maneuvers. She really will be a blast to fly!
- We are also working to include cooperative multiplayer to allow both pilot and student in the same aircraft.
- When played in VR, the detailed cockpit very much comes to life.
Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic Flight Control System (FCS)
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet
Last week we made DCS: F/A-18C Hornet available for pre-purchase and it has been a huge success for us. Thank you for the amazing support!
Between April and the end of Spring 2018, we will release the Hornet into Early Access. For now though, pre-purchase and save 20$. Additionally, you will receive $19 in bonus points!
Pre-purchase and save $20 in DCS e-shop!
The Hornet is a true multi-role fighter that can switch from attacking surface targets to engaging air targets with the press of a button. Equally at home on an aircraft carrier or airfield, the Hornet is equipped with a large suite of sensors that include radar, target pod, and a helmet mounted sight. In addition to its internal 20mm cannon, the Hornet can be armed with large assortment of unguided bombs and rockets, laser- and -GPS-guided bombs, air-to-surface missiles of all sorts, and both radar- and infrared-guided air-to-air missiles.
DCS World provides the most rich and authentic digital battlefield for the Hornet to fly in.
Key Features of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet:
- Realistic model of the F/A-18C, down to each bolt
- Detailed simulation of the Hornet’s many systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more
- Inertial and GPS navigation systems with moving map display
- Virtually all the weapons and sensors that a mid-2000s US Navy F/A-18C operates
- Highly realistic cockpit that is mouse interactive
- Spin recovery system
- Authentic Hornet sounds with assistance from Boeing
- New effects like over-wing vapor
- Virtual Reality support
- Multiple liveries
If you have any questions about DCS: F/A-18C, they are probably answered in the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet FAQ
You can also find regular project updates here