DCS Summer Sale 2019 is Ongoing!
This Sunday, 14 July, marks the conclusion of our 2019 summer sale. Enjoy 50% on most DCS World products while it lasts. This includes most of the aircraft, maps, and campaigns available on the DCS e-Shop.
Note that this is the first time that the DCS: Persian Gulf Map has been discounted to 50%. If you have been holding out on this map, now is the time to add it to your collection!
Exceptions to 50% off include the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet, DCS: Christen Eagle II, and DCS: I-16 at 25% off, and DCS: F-16C Viper, DCS: F-14 Tomcat, DCS: Fw 190 A-8, and DCS: MiG-19F Farmer are not participating in this sale due to being in pre-order or recently released.
Ka-50 Black Shark Update
As mentioned in an earlier newsletter, we are providing a fantastic, free graphical update to the Ka-50 Black Shark. This entails an entirely new cockpit and external model, textures, and the latest graphics technology like deferred shading and physical based rendering. When complete, it will be a radical improvement over the existing model.
The cockpit 3D model is nearly complete and it’s now awaiting texturing.
We will also be providing an upgrade option that adds several new systems to the Black Shark, we will go into those at a later date.
DCS World Update
This week we updated the release version of DCS World and highlights:
- Mouse movement is no longer required for map coordinate to update after format change.
- Improved sound engine to handle more close sound sources.
- Improved bow wake for ships at high speed.
- Added server option for wake turbulence.
- Added Mach to Aircraft panel in the Mission Editor.
- Added tire damage for AI aircraft.
- Corrected fuze settings for the AGM-154C.
- Further engine sound improvements.
- New missions.
- Collision model corrections.
- Added PRECISE mode for waypoint entry
- Now possible to input negative elevation values to the HSI
- Donor Aircraft could show some land and sea units as air targets on the SA page – fixed
- Removed 3xGBU16 payload option as not realistic.
- Improved steerpoint navigation, mark points and target points to be more realistic.
- Corrected TACAN and TACAN OFFSET errors.
- EHSD improvements.
- Fixed potential crash related to TCS.
- Numerous flight and systems improvements and bugs fixes.
Please find the complete changelog here.
We plan the next Open Beta for 17 July 2019.