DCS: Persian Gulf Map – Final Release
This week we are proud to release the content-complete version of the DCS: Persian Gulf Map. Since the original release of this map, the area has been greatly expanded to make it the largest DCS World map. It also includes an astonishing 29 airfields, the most airfield of any DCS World map.
Download now from DCS e-shop
In this most recent update, we have added:
- Liwa airfield and surrounding area in the UAE.
- Ras Al Khaimah airfield in the UAE.
- Jiroft airfield in Iran.
- Levan Island airfield in Iran.
- Persepolis, Rayen Citadel, and Bam World Heritage sites
- Added parking spaces to north end of Bandar Abbas airfield.
The DCS: Persian Gulf map provides an excellent playground for your DCS modules:
- Critical source of 40% of world-traded oil, making it a historic and current flash point of endless possibilities
- Sprawling cities of Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Bandar Abbas
- Iranian island fortresses of Abu Musa, Sirri, and Tunb
- Varied terrain of towering mountains, desert plains, and marshlands
- Dozens of small and massive ports, power plants, refineries, and bases
- Thousands of kilometers of trafficked roads and rail lines
- Thousands of individual buildings
- Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, and the Dubai Frame
Although this map is now content-complete, we will of course to continue to support the map with fixes as required. We are now excited to focus on a new, free map for DCS World.
Free Maps and World War II Assets Pack for Dedicated Servers
In this week’s Open Beta, we have enabled dedicated servers using the no-render option to use all DCS World maps and the Assets Pack for free!
Features of the Dedicated Server include:
- Run a server without the need of a render. This allows a server to need less RAM and only a very simple video card.
- The CPU load is lower, so you can use a less-powerful CPUs or run more complicated missions instead.
- You can run multiple copies of a Dedicated Server on one PC. Computer capabilities can be used more fully when you start servers in different CPU threads.
- A Dedicated Server can be controlled remotely via WebGUI.
- Although we have tested extensively internally and with several community servers, there may be non-official scripts that will not function well with a Dedicated Server. We ask that you report such issues and/or avoid using non-supported scripts
DCS World Open Beta Update
In addition to the finalization of the Persian Gulf Map and the ability for no-render dedicated servers to run all DCS World maps and the Asset Pack for free, there have been several other great additions to this weeks Open Beta update. You can read the complete change log here.
- The Hornet received initial JDAM capability, further tuning of LTWS mode, and corrected INS alignment issues.
- AV-8B cockpit, MPCD, and LCD improvements by RAZBAM
- Numerous C-101 improvements by AvioDev like engine and fuel system improvements, better force feedback support, added and adjusted circuit breakers, and more.
- The F-14 by Heatblur has many great changes that include a custom livery option, RWR improvements, tuned 6DOF view limits, and many more.
- The UH-1 door gunner error after rearming has been corrected.
- Mission updates for the F-5E and L-39.
DCS: A-10C Warthog – The Enemy Within 3.0 Campaign Available on Steam
The Enemy Within 3.0 is a complete remake of the critically-acclaimed The Enemy Within campaign for the A-10C Warthog.
Purchase from Steam
This story-driven campaign puts you in cockpit of the Warthog as part of a small, 6-ship US detachment sent to Georgia. Your mission is to help contain a growing threat from a terrorist organization calling itself the “Caucasus Liberation Army” (CLA). As the story unfolds, you will be faced with a variety of challenges, including close air support, precision strikes, combat search and rescue, anti-ship strikes, and even air to air combat.
Striving to be as realistic as possible, the units featured in the campaign are based on their real-life counterparts. It also uses a sophisticated radio control system, meaning that you must tune your on-board radios to the correct frequency to hear the more than 2000 custom voice-overs available throughout 21 missions.
Compared to the original campaign, version 3.0 offers following great additions and changes:
- 20 out of 21 missions have been rewritten from scratch. This includes the course of action, dialogues, briefings and background information.
- More than 2/3 of the missions take place in different locations than the original ones, and most feature different challenges and enemies to provide a completely new experience, 3 entirely new missions that are designed to complement and extend the storyline.
- The 8 pilot and 3 commander characters featured throughout the campaign have almost 4x more custom voice-overs (over 2100).
- Additional documents and custom kneeboard pages are available for each sortie.
The Eagle Dynamics Team