Steam Halloween Sale & DCS Autumn Sale Continues
Dear Steam users, the Steam 2019 Halloween Sale ends today! Just a few more hours remain to get great DCS World Steam Edition savings. Our E-Shop Autumn sale will continue until November 4th, with the following exceptions:
DCS: F/A-18 Hornet by ED – 25% off
DCS: Persian Gulf Map – 25% off
DCS: Christen Eagle II by Magnitude 3 LLC – 25% off
DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations – not on sale at this time
DCS: F-16C Viper by ED – not on sale at this time
|Click this bar to view the full image.|
Open Beta Update
This week we released an update for Open Beta. This patch included a number of updates for the Hornet and Viper, as well as several 3rd Party modules. You can view the entire changelog here.
Some highlights are:
- Hornet: Many fixes for the AGM-62 Walleye & AWW-13 data pod
- Viper: INS implemented (WIP)
- Spitfire: Updated Sounds
- Fw190 A-8: electric circuitry fixes
Development Report #3
The new Ka50 3D cockpit model is already at the texturing stage. Remember, this will be a free enhancement for existing Black Shark owners. In mid 2020 we plan to release a brand new external model along with certain new weapons and avionics systems with even greater cockpit enhancements. The product will also come with new missions, mission functionalities and gameplay. This module will be named Black Shark 3 and will be available at a substantial discount for existing Black Shark 2 owners and at full price for new users. Enjoy the screenshots below.
Other Development Updates which might be of interest:
- F/A-18C Hornet: the team is focused on the completion of the AGM-62 Walleye, updating the Harpoon, implementing dynamic launch zones / release points for JDAMs and JSOWs and Pre-Briefed mode for the AGM-88 HARM. The Team are working on completing and improving the current weapons prior to moving on to new systems such as the SLAM and SLAM-ER. TWS and enhanced radar modes will follow.
- P-47D: A lot of work is being put into the external model that includes the landing gear, landing gear doors, intercooler and oil cooler flaps, landing flaps and creating realistic paint schemes. The cockpit is coming along well with remaining work mostly on the lighting and cockpit-view pilot model. The team are tuning the flight model, power plant and systems.
- Supercarrier: the model is 95% complete with deck crew animations progressing well. This week we made good progress on the holdback bar animations and general scripting of launch operations. We’ve also made good progress on the LSO platform which offers an exceptional level of detail and functionality. For the early access launch, we plan 14 aircraft spawn locations.
- Mi-24: UV mapping of the pilot’s cockpit is almost done and then we will spend about a month working on the animations and textures. The flight model is near 80% complete.
- Integrated Voice Chat: We are now in the final stretch of rolling out the test version. We’ve added a minimize command, volume options, mic options, and bug fixes. Following the initial release, we will implement the creation of rooms.
- New Effects: We are currently working on missile flame and smoke enhancements as well as new tracer art. This should deliver a new level of realism to exhaust flames based on motor and fuel type.
- Dynamic Campaign: We now have a basic test version that works within DCS World to evaluate the real-time strategy element of the system. We are using this to debug the system. In parallel, work is now underway on the UI interface and the AI machine learning code. This is complex and is receiving a lot of focus at the moment.
- Our new ‘secret’ terrain is coming along very well. We hope to be releasing screens shots soon…