DCS: F-16 Viper Academic Video #1: Cockpit Tour
Here is the first of the much-anticipated academic video series by executive producer Matt “Wags” Wagner. Enjoy this video that details the office for the DCS World Viper pilot. This video will give you a good idea of what is where and how detailed this new module will be. This orientation will be the basis for later Viper academic videos. It has been checked over by real-world Viper pilots to make sure you are getting the best Viper experience-to-date.
Wake Turbulence Visualization
You have been experiencing wake turbulence in DCS for a few months now, but as in real life, you haven’t yet seen it. Now using particle visualization, we can show you the turbulence in action for the first time.
DCS: Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign Available on Steam!
The Jagdflieger campaign for the Bf 109 K-4 by Reflected Simulations is now available for purchase from the DCS Steam Store
It’s March 1944, the beginning of the end. The Reich has become a fortress without a roof. The large formations of Allied four motors have become daily visitors. Come, join the German Luftwaffe in these dire times. Jump into one of JG26’s Messerschmitt Bf-109-s and find out what it’s like to attack the “fat cats” head-on, or to take off in a hail of bullets from the attacking Mustangs. Watch the Allied forces land on the beaches of Normandy and support the retreating Wehrmacht. Let all the details immerse you in this semi-historical campaign and make you feel like a young Jagdflieger fighting a lost battle, where, like 1944, survival is the most you can hope for.
- 12 semi-historical missions focusing on JG26 from March to July 1944
- A detailed background story, mission contexts and checklists
- Detailed briefings and briefing images, including separate PDF mission files
- Unique kneeboard graphics for each mission
- Over 250 specially recorded voice-over messages and radio broadcasts
- Historically accurate custom skins
- A wide array of missions including free hunt, intercept, bomber escort and ground attack
DCS World Update
This week we updated the release version of DCS World and highlights:
- Scripting Engine. Function coalition.getAllCargos and coalition.getStaticObjects corrected.
- Corrected Stinger MANPADS guidance.
- AGM-88 HARM will now update emitter tracking while the missile is in flight for better accuracy against slow-moving targets.
- Increased draw distance of static objects to compare to AI/Player objects
- Increased draw distances of Map objects
- Tasks ‘Follow’ and ‘Escort’ can be performed now at the ‘Takeoff’ waypoint
- Wing fold function removed from autostart sequence on CV.
- STEP data now matches Radar Data for a selected target.
- SA page STEP marker doesn’t pass through all displayed contacts – fixed
- SA page EXPAND option added
- TDC movement now shuts off STEP.
- Added work-in-progress AGM-84D Harpoon in BOL mode (for single player first)
- EXPAND will not affect the Radar causing loss of targets
- DCS: Bf-109K-4:
- Fixed the MW50 gauge animation.
- Ammunition counters are now pre-set.
- Ammunition counter dials now work with assigned axis.
DCS Fw 190 A-8:
- Adjusted gun sight glass tint.
- Increase/Decrease RPM Mouse Tips in wrong place was removed.
- Control stick connectors and lamp intensity animation added.
- Clock connectors and animation corrected.
- Added animation for the CB covers.
- Light animation tuned. CockpitLocalPoint coordinates, cockpit external geometry edited.
- Corrected training missions (no longer stuck while waiting for user response).
- A-10C LWS could not see other aircraft lasers from more than 3-4 km; this has been increased to 10 km.
- Crash when user changed TAD profile after cold start fixed
Please find the complete changelog here.
While we wanted to try and release an Open Beta release this week, we were unable to finalize a build, we will now shoot for our normal Wednesday schedule and release on Sept 4th, 2019. We are hoping to include a fix to the AI Issues on Dedicated Servers using the no render option, plus much more.