New pre-launch video: The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a two crew, variable geometry, maritime air superiority fighter that served with the US Navy for 32 years and continues to serve with the IRIAF in Iran. The F-14 was the US Navy’s frontline fighter from the 1970s until the mid-2000s. Over the course of its long service life, it also became the US Navy’s premier precision ground-attack platform and lone airborne reconnaissance asset.
Outstanding features of the aircraft are the swing-wing configuration, crew of two, and the powerful AN/AWG-9 Weapons Control System (WCS) and radar. The AWG-9 allows employment of the powerful AIM-54 Phoenix air to air missile while the LANTIRN pod allows the ability to carry out precision ground strikes using laser-guided bombs. The F-14 Tomcat was present during many pivotal moments such as the two Gulf of Sidra incidents, Operation Desert Storm in Iraq, the conflict in Yugoslavia, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan and Operation Iraqi Freedom. It was also immortalized in the iconic motion picture, Top Gun, and starred in several other feature films including The Final Countdown, Executive Decision, and others.
Top 10 Things to Know About DCS World
As DCS World continues to grow and increase in popularity, new users often have similar questions about the game. This video is designed to answer the 10 most common questions we see.
Find your answers to these and other questions here :
10. Do I need a HOTAS to play?
9. Does DCS World support Virtual Reality?
8. Can I use Track IR with DCS World?
7. Does DCS World allow multiplayer?
6. How do I set up controllers?
5. Do I have to start up the aircraft every time?
4. Are there Free Flight modes?
3. Is there a Mission Editor included?
2. Are tutorials included?
1. What is DCS World?
DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 Content Refresh
Recent DCS World open beta releases have brought a massive refresh of our Flaming Cliffs 3 mission content. All Flaming Cliffs 3 Instant Action and Single Missions have been updated or re-built from scratch to ensure they still conform to their original design and play out as intended. Improvements and features you may notice include:
- Improved communications with ‘allied flight reports’ enabled
- Re-balanced mission success criteria
- Improved AI reliability while executing their mission tasks
- Battlefield effects and airfield activity to give the world a more ‘lived in’ feel Our campaign content has not been forgotten.
- The changes were to the missions only so in-progress campaigns should pick up right where they left off. A similar refresh for older campaigns will take place as the year progresses.
SATAL 2019, Squadron Air to Air League, commences air operations on Saturday, April 6th at 1400z!
Following the success of previous SATALs, the members of SATAL 2019 are excited to kick off this year’s competition. Eagle Dynamics is the official sponsor, and tremendous prizes from Eagle Dynamics, Heatblur, Thrustmaster and others will be available. This year is set to be bigger than ever!
SATAL is a Player vs Player (PvP) competition that pits the best DCS World virtual squadrons against each other. Squads fight for domination of the skies in 6 vs 6 Diamond League and 4 vs 4 Gold League matches.
The matches will be streamed every Saturday and Sunday at 1400 GMT. The first viewer-giveaway will be a Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS! This giveaway can be entered at, https://bit.ly/2TFQanv. Further prizes and viewer-giveaways will be announced soon.
View the current signup, prize pool, and match schedule here.
DCS World Open Beta Update
This week we released a new Open Beta of DCS World that includes such highlights as:
- Added support for the Heablur Simulations DCS: F-14 Tomcat.
- Updates to the RAZBAM MiG-19P to include cockpit systems, cockpit art and effects, external model, animations, and its manual. Changes to the M-2000C and AV-8B are also included.
- Improvements to the AvioDev C-101.
- Changes to the Hornet that include numerous improvements to the datalink and IFF systems. We also added the target designation box to the HUD for the HARM in TOO mode, and corrected the wind-induced roll.
You can read the complete change log on DCS forum.