DCS World Open Beta Update
This week’s update to the DCS World Open Beta includes such highlights as:
Improvements to the new MiG-29 flight model, engine performance, new pylons, and corrected M1.6 engine stall
- Corrected FAB-250 pylon position on Su-33.
- F-4E and C-130 added to Iran.
- Numerous AJS-37 Viggen improvements.
- DCS: MiG-21bis and DCS: C-101 improvements.
You can read the complete change log here
While new Hornet features and fixes like the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS), FPAS page, laser Maverick, and corrected air-to-air radar B-sweep are still on track to be ready next week, we need to adhere to our Open Beta release schedule and have time for proper internal-testing of these complex items. As such, these will be released in the next, scheduled Open Beta release on 7 November 2018.
DCS: Spitfire LF Mk.IX – The Big Show Campaign
Download now from DCS e-shop
Put on Pierre Clostermann’s Irvin jacket, climb into his Spitfire Mk.IX and experience the massive air battles in the skies of Western Europe described in his similarly titled book. This campaign follows Clostermann’s career from April 1943 to July 1944 through 12 missions that recreate his memoirs down to the smallest details such as time, weather, squadrons and even radio transmissions. Find out what it feels like to fly with the Biggin Hill Wing in a huge formation of Spitfires, to follow Commandant Mouchotte into gigantic melees against 30+ Focke-Wulfs, to take part in Rodeos, Circuses, and attacks on V-1 launch sites, or to support the ground troops after the D-day landings. All clear? Switches on!
- 12 historical missions following Pierre Clostermann during his time with 341 and 602 Squadron.
- Detailed briefings, maps and briefing images, including separate PDF mission files with historical backgrounds
- Unique kneeboard graphics and checklists for each mission
- Historically accurate custom skins
- Hundreds of specially recorded voice-over messages
- A wide array of missions including fighter sweep, bomber escort, armed reconnaissance and ground attack
This campaign requires ownership of DCS: Spitfire LF Mk.IX and DCS: Normandy 1944 Map.
MiG-29 for DCS World on Steam
Download from Steam now
The MiG-29 “Fulcrum” is a Russian-designed, twin-engine, supersonic fighter. First operational in the early 1980s, the Fulcrum is a “light weight” fighter, comparable to the American F/A-18 Hornet and F-16. Designed to work in conjunction with the larger Su-27 Flanker, the MiG-29 is armed with an internal 30mm cannon and both infrared and radar guided air-to-air missiles. For air-to-ground tasks, the MiG-29 can be armed with a large array of unguided bombs and rockets.
In addition to a sophisticated pulse doppler radar, the MiG-29 is also equipped with a passive Infrared Search and Track (IRST) sensor that allows the Fulcrum to detect and target enemy aircraft just based on target infrared emissions. This allows the MiG-29 to make stealthy attacks with no warning!
The Fulcrum is a highly-maneuverable fighter in a dogfight, and when paired with the helmet mounted sight and the AA-11 “Archer” air-to-air missile, it is a very lethal adversary.
The MiG-29 has also been widely exported and has served in many countries that include Germany, Iran, Ukraine, and Poland. For test, training and research purposes some aircraft were bought by the United States and Israel.
Key Features of the MiG-29 for DCS World:
- A professional level flight model provides unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it’s like to fly this amazing aircraft. Designed and tested by a former MiG-29 pilot!
- A true model of the MiG-29 flight control system that allows you to perform “out of the envelope” maneuvers
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
- Accurate MiG-29 Fulcrum model, squadron markings, and weapons
- Includes instant action, single missions, and a campaign
- Battle the Hornet in head-to-head combat