Weekend F-5E Tiger II Sales and Bundles
For this week, we have a couple great bundles and a great 60% off sale! These offers start today at 1500 GMT and will last until 9 October at 0900 GMT:
DCS: F-5E Tiger II at 60% off!
The F-5E was developed by Northrop Corporation in early 1970s. The light tactical fighter is an upgraded version based on previous F-5A developments. The F-5s’ combat role encompasses air superiority, ground support, and ground attack. Given its mission flexibility, ease of operation, and low cost, the Tiger II has, and continues to serve, air forces across the globe.
The F-5Е is armed with two 20-mm М39-А3 cannons with 280 rounds per each cannon. The cannons are located in the nose section, forward of the cockpit. Special deflectors are used to avoid compressor stall conditions caused by hot gas ingestion as a bi-product of operating the M-39-A3. Each cannon is capable of firing at a rate of 1500 to 1700 rounds per minute.
Each wingtip incorporates a launcher rail capable of firing AIM-9 infrared-guided missiles.
Five hard points (one centerline pylon and four underwing pylons) allow the aircraft to carry different types of air-to-ground weapons (bombs, cluster munitions, and rockets) 6,400 pounds (about 3000 kg) in total. In addition, illumination ammunition and cargo containers can be attached. To increase flight duration and range, external fuel tanks can be attached to three hard points (a centerline pylon and two inboard pylons). Maneuverability and speed can be maximized in combat by jettisoning all external stores.
Key Features of the DCS: F-5E Tiger II:
- Professional Flight Model that accurately mimics the performance and flight characteristics of this legendary fighter
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit
- Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse
- Fully modelled weapon system
- Accurate F-5E model with multiple country markings
- Detailed modelling of the F-5E instruments, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems
- Single missions and full set of training missions will be created while in Early Access
- Full and Quick Start manuals in Russian and English languages
- Extended Campaign for the F-5E by Maple Flags Missions Developer (not included in the module package)
- DCS: F-5E Tiger II + DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map + F-5E: Air Combat Maneuvering Campaign for $60.00 USD
- DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3 + DCS: L-39 Albatros for $60.00
Find these and other bundles in special offers section of DCS e-shop
World War II Ground Forces Update
As part of our efforts to improve and create a more complete World War II experience in DCS World, we continue to add new ground units to the DCS: World War II Assets Pack.
Today, we have Work-In-Progress images of German telemeter KDO Mod. 40 in development.
The Kommandogerät 40 is an anti-aircraft fire director used principally for major caliber weapons such as the 8.8 cm FlaK 36 and 10.5 cm FlaK 40. The director is basically an analog computer that uses visual observation to solve the firing parameters.
The director computes continuously by using a target speed and angle of approach method, and can handle diving and curving target courses. The time from initial pickup to first round is estimated to be 20 or 30 seconds. When shifting to a new target in the vicinity of the target previously tracked and flying an approximately parallel course, as little as 10 seconds may be required.